The Escambia IT Scholarship is designed to assist students from Escambia County, AL that is pursuing an education in Computer Science or other Information Technology fields with education expenses.
Current Award Amount: $1000
Final Date for Submission: March 1, 2021
Award Date: May 15, 2021
The scholarship will be awarded to one student within Escambia county based on demonstrated skills in the Information Technology field. Awards will be dispersed to the individual on May 15. Awards will be capped at $1000 per individual. Awards will be determined on a number basis (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) and will be given the highest amount allowed per place.
Example: If 3 people are awarded and there is $2500 in the current award amount first and second place will get $1000 with 3rd getting $500. If there is only $1000 if there is less than $2000 in the current pool only 2 individuals will be chosen.
- Be attending a school in Escambia County AL
- Homeschool students are allowed if they reside in Escambia County, Al
- Be majoring or minoring in an IT Field
- Be between the ages of 16 and 19 years old
In order to apply for the Escambia IT Scholarship please complete the submission form and attach your project. A list of acceptable projects will be included under the “Acceptable Projects” section of this page.
A well-designed website or program that demonstrates your knowledge in one or more of the following languages:
- A 5-10 page essay detailing the intricacies of networking and the importance of various hardware (eg switches, bridges, etc)
- A virtual network showing simulated traffic with a brief write up on the topography used, and reasoning behind hardware implemented.
- Free network simulation tools: http://www.brianlinkletter.com/open-source-network-simulators/
- A 5-10 page essay detailing a technical security vulnerability that either you discovered or was discovered by a researcher. The essay should go in depth and not shy away from technical details.
- The significance of the vulnerability should be described along with any potential fixes. All sources must be referenced.
Please visit the following link to complete your submission:
The following individuals/companies have contributed to the Escambia IT Scholarship program:
- Ernest Mallett